Saturday, December 8, 2007

Puppies

Today my dog Belle Bottom had her puppies, and it is a pretty funny story! Belle is the kind of dog who has to be around people and loves to sleep under covers. So today I could tell she was getting ready to have her puppies because I went into our room and she ran out of the bedroom right into my parents room and under their covers while they were all in there watching a movie. I looked over at her bed in our room and it was all messed up like she was trying to get all situated, so I figured it could be any day! My parents were in their bed and belle never made a sound, but my dad heard a yelp, and turned to my mom and was like "did you just hear a puppy?" so my dad lifted up the covers and sure enough there was a puppy. My dad came running out of the room to put all the other dogs that were in there outside, and told me that belle was having her puppies. I didn't believe him, but I ran in there and saw! it was so amazing! I have never seen a dog have puppies, but that was so cool. Belle knew exactly what to do, I was so proud of her! She had 7 puppies, but the last one was a runt, and it did not make it. it tried so hard to live, and did good all day, but tonight it died. I don't handle stuff like that very well. I get attached. Me and my sister Aimee were crying, so her boyfriend Mike said a prayer that the puppy would not suffer in pain. I know that sounds funny, but I wanted so bad for all of them to live! they are so cute! They may be muts, but they are still cute!

7 comments:

eric said...

They are so cute! you should be a proud grandparent! I can't wait to snatch one! it is so sad about the runt. let's have a moment of silence for #7. we miss him.

britney said...

Aw! I love little puppies. Too bad my new landlord said we cant have pets! Lol - Sorry about the last one! Its sad how things happen, but along with the sad comes the good! PS - I love the picture of Talin in the cap! Too cute.

Josh n' Meagan said...

You need to post some pictures! I want to see how Belle is doing. I can't believe she had seven! Have fun with them. Let us know know if you want any help with puppy shots.

Meagan Rogers said...

They'll need shots when they are 6 weeks old. You can get them at the feed store for like $7 a piece and give them to the pups yourself. We can show you how.

Brandon and Mandy said...

Wow! I didn't know that Belle was prego. Congrats!

Matt and Liz said...

ash
you've just been lovebird tagged see my blog for details

ateam said...

Can you believe that Belle used Angels legs as her 'Manger'

Reminds me of a Christmas song...

"Away in a manger, no doghouse for her pups...the lil Belle Bottom went under the sheets."

OK you finish the song!

The dogs rule this domain....We are now really living in the 'DOGHOUSE!' lol