Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Emree Marie- 12/24/2010

We Finally had our pretty Princess!!
Here is her story:
So the plan we originally had was to have her the second week in Dec, that way she wouldn't be born so close to Christmas, We walked and walked, and did just about everything to try and get her out! my doc knew how bad I wanted to have her, so she stripped my membranes at 38 weeks....but nothing happened! at my next appt she said I could do an induction, but the only opening they had was on the 23rd and it was at night, so I would still end up being in the hospital on Christmas! So Darrell and I decided to just wait and let her come on her own, and hopefully she would wait until after Christmas! Talin was so excited for Christmas this year, and I really wanted to be home for it! Well on the 23rd I was at work, and was having the same contractions that I have had for awhile, and they were not consistent AT ALL! I got home, and we went and did some last min Christmas shopping, and then went out to eat, but by that point my contractions were getting stronger, but still like 15-20 min apart, and then they would be like 7 min, then 12, then 5! they were just very inconsistent, but they were hurting! So I told Darrell that maybe we should wrap all the presents tonight just in case. So we started wrapping, and they started being consistently 8 min apart, and hurting pretty bad. We were done wrapping at about 11pm, and then went to bed....well I tried, but they were pretty bad. I didn't want to go to the hospital and them tell me to go home, so I waited them out, until about 12:45 I decided to get in the shower, and see if that helped, but.....it didn't! I had like 4 contractions in the shower about 3 min apart! I yelled at Darrell to wake up, we were going to the hospital! its a good thing we went when we did, because 20 min after we got to the hospital, this was about 2:30 in the morning. they told me to walk for a little bit, because I was only at a 4. I could barely walk the contractions hurt so bad, and they were like 2 min apart. we didn't even get around the floor when my water broke right at the nursing station! not fun at all!!! everything went so fast from that point, and we had our pretty girl at 6:05 am!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful!! I love hearing birth stories, I love it even more when you hear stories about babies just coming on their own (I only had that with my first). Congratulations to your cute little family!!!

britney said...

Yay! Congrats. I saw your mom at church and she told me you had her!! I was so glad to hear it went well! She is beautiful! Congrats to you, Darrell, and Talin!

Andy and Michele said...

Oh, wow! Congrats!!! That's my dad's b.day (not that you care!) :) Love the name. Hate those all night contractions though. But how fun to have her. Hurray!!

Krista said...

She's beautiful. Baby girls are so fun and sweet. We're so happy for you guys!

Ryan and Corie said...

Congrats! She is so cute!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable!